After a month in a wheelchair, I have come to certain conclusions:
- Nothing cleans you off better than a good shower (and I can't wait to be able to take one again).
- There are a lot more hills in this world than one might notice.
- Uneven sidewalks may be fun when one is riding one's bicycle as a child, but they are a different story when one is trying to get down the street in a manual wheelchair (Four-wheel independent suspension in all wheelchairs! will be my rallying cry).
- Inflatable rubber tires are underappreciated when we discuss great inventions.
- Ratcheting wheels would be very handy in climbing hills.