Friday, May 02, 2008

Is this a sign of the early onset of senility?

I have been following the election campaign for mayor of London, and as a part of this effort I was reading the official website for Tory candidate Boris Johnson. Although I knew Johnson was an M.P., I had not thought of him in any role more challenging than that of guest host of Have I Got News For You. I found myself reading his positions on the issues and thinking that he didn't seem unreasonable. Then I realized that I was agreeing with a Tory candidate.

For the record, when I compare Ken Livingstone's policies to Boris Johnson's, I prefer Livingstone. But I frightened myself for a moment there.

2 comments:

timesnewroman said...

Boris is frankly a buffoon. A scary buffoon though.

Kimma said...

First you talk of celebrity sightings and now you talk of AGREEING with a TORY. Have aliens taken possession of you?